Hi-scores

directx boulder dash variation
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Claes wrote:I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, Mathias and Bart..! Please enlighten me... :crazy:
When the level starts, just go up at once and eat the home of the slow monsters. Most of the time one of those slow monsters will appear, but you can kill it with the ball. When you've eaten the home of the slow monsters, the bonus monster will appear and no slow monsters anymore.

I'm not sure whether you could do this in the original game, though (I mean directly going up) without dying.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Link to download orginal game Frank Fruity emulation version PC
http://www.medianet.pl/~mpj/pliki/cpe51.zip
If you want please compare with FRUITS but I think that FRUITS is much better (Start, control and etc.) than orginal game Maybe you find answer on a few qustions about diffrents orginal/new game
In orginal game Frank Fruity
1. you can't "When the level starts, just go up at once and eat the home of the slow monsters" becouse next monster is immediately
2. try stay in small distance on the left said apple and throw the ball...i write about this...
Let's go and play! :wink:

My translate Polish=>English :confused:
How to start:
1.Start game => cpe51\cpe.exe
2.After start you see blue screen, please push F6.
3.Choose .. and enter.
4.Choose disk and once more enter.
5.Choose fruity and enter.
6.Write run"ff in emulator symbol " press (shift+2).

Control:
up = ;
down = .
left = z
right = x
throw ball = \
start game = space
quit game = F10
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

:crazy:

COOL!

I didn't know that the original game is available in an emulator. Thanks very much! I'm using the latest Caprice32 emulator now, which also simulates sound. It's just like playing the original game again... :D
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The original game *is* more difficult. At least for me. The monsters behave much less predictable. The slow monsters are less slow. And there are some other differences which make the original game more difficult. I think I'll adjust my Windows version of the game so that it is a bit nearer (in gameplay) to the original game.
nildo

Post by nildo »

Mathias, could you please copy here the link to download FRUITS? I don't know why, but my browser does not want to open http://www.madshi.net .

I am using IE6.0 on XP SP1 under a proxy.
nildo

Post by nildo »

Bart

Post by Bart »

madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

What is your best score with the original game? I just made 12480. It seems in the original game you don't ever get a new life except with 1000 points. That's a bit too hard for my taste. But on the other hand: If you regularly get new lifes and become a really good player you can almost play forever. That's not the sense of it, either...
Claes

Post by Claes »

madshi wrote:The original game *is* more difficult. At least for me. The monsters behave much less predictable. The slow monsters are less slow. And there are some other differences which make the original game more difficult. I think I'll adjust my Windows version of the game so that it is a bit nearer (in gameplay) to the original game.
Are you sure it's not the emulator? It must be very difficult to get the exact same speed for every single parameter in the game. At least I'd think so... 8)
Claes

Post by Claes »

Hi Bart - thanks for the link! I'll try it soon.

Do you know where to find a similar game called Golddigger? I tried searching on Google, but without any luck. :sorry:

Maybe you know this game? It's a bit like Fruits, but instead of fruits you gather Emeralds. You earn more points by making bags of money fall and break so you can go and eat them. If the monsters meet they will transform and then they can go through the walls, otherwise they are limited to the paths you made.

Ever heard of it?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

No, it's not the emulator. The emulator doesn't emulate Fruity Frank. Instead it emulates a full Amstrat PC. There's nothing Fruity Frank specific in the emulator. It works well, I think the emulation is very true to the original.

That golddigger thing you're talking about is the typical "boulder dash" game. There are lots of variants of that game under slightly different names. I think the original game was named "boulder dash".
Bart

Post by Bart »

Link to Amstrad games... http://www.cconline.com.pl/download.php?id=003001 Claes try search there but do you have joystic ?? I don't have :cry: Do you remember commands how to use Amstrad ?? I remember: cat, F6, F10, run"XXX (XXX.bas), Ctrl+Shift+Enter, ....and.... ???
Orginal game Frank Fruity is cool! but why not arrow keys ??
Claes

Post by Claes »

Thanks for the link, I tried - but no luck. Maybe because I'm not exactly Polish speaking... :o :confused: He-he...

I never played on an Amstrad - I used an IBM PS/2 back then.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Hi.
Madshi!! go go go!! When can I and my familly play in new version of Fruits ?? or new patch, update ??
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I've so many other things on my to do list... :cry: