Way to compare madExcept setup configs between projects?

delphi package - automated exception handling
CBelanger

Way to compare madExcept setup configs between projects?

Post by CBelanger »

Hi:

Is there a way (file, registry, etc) to easily compare madExcept setups between projects. I need to make sure my setups are exactly the same for 3 related projects.

What is happening is that I believe my setups are the same, but in my Mantis BT the bug report is available for one and in the other it is not, consistently, every time I test the two projects. For the life of me, I cannot find any setup differences. For both projects the screen shot is available on Mantis. Mantis shows a "bug report", but without the "+" which opens the file. I can click on "bugreport.txt" and get a download, but it is an older, unrelated file.

Thank you!
Chuck
CBelanger

Re: Way to compare madExcept setup configs between projects?

Post by CBelanger »

Hello:
The real issue was to find out what the difference between one project and another which stopped the attachment of the bug report to the upload to the MantisBT web site.

BTW, I would still like to find out where the project settings for MadExcept are stored.

Anyway, it turns out that I use my own MadExceptionHandler in which it pops up a dialog for the user to enter what he was doing when the bug appeared. This then is added to the bug report. Also, the program itself records most of the users' actions/steps in the program, so to help know what the user was doing I have added the user steps in the application as part of the bug report sections.

The difference between the projects was the form for the bug user comments was not popping up in the project that was not sending the bug report to the Mantis site, but in the project where it was being sent to Mantis, the bug form popped up.

My educated guess is that madExcept is trying to send the bug report before it is actually ready. I do add quite a bit of information. Besides making sure the user bug comment dlg pops up, I also unchecked the Send bug report in background.

Everything is working fine now.
Chuck
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Way to compare madExcept setup configs between projects?

Post by madshi »

The madExcept settings are stored in a file called "yourProject.mes" (mes stands for "madExceptSettings"). These are mostly text files (but with rather long lines), so you can compare them with a capable text editor. You can also copy the settings from one project to another by simply copying (and renaming) the mes file.