Is MantisBT version used to change behavour?

delphi package - automated exception handling
BarryStaes

Is MantisBT version used to change behavour?

Post by BarryStaes »

So madExcept sends bugreports to mantisbt and that works fine, but not since i tried upgrading to mantisbt 2.0.0

I looked into what goes wrong .. because madexcept does not understand a 302 redirect i tried using a mod_rewrite redirect on the server, but that does not seem to pass path_info to mantisbt. After some attempts i got the point that mantisbt seems to just close the connection instead of sending a HTTP reply. Working around / without a 302 isnt easy but i'll look into what goes on there.

Mathias, while i further look into this i wonder .. does madExcept change its behaviour depending on the detected mantisbt version?
While using WireShark i noticed the first call it does is mc_version and it now returns 2.0.0 instead of 1.2.18.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Is MantisBT version used to change behavour?

Post by madshi »

No, the version should be ignored by madExcept, it just asks for the version to see if any sort of Mantis support is available at the URL.

If you want to do some debugging, you could do this:

1) Copy madExcept.pas and mad.inc to your project folder.
2) Make sure "mad.inc" contains {$D+}{$L+}.
3) Set a breakpoint in "function TWinHttp.InitMantis : boolean".
SanfordOlson

Post by SanfordOlson »

Is this something that has been fixed? I have upgraded some months ago to Mantis 2.x and have been using HTTP setting in MadExcept to submit bugs to Mantis, but now the attachments are not coming through. I see this error on my test client (not using the latest MadExcept):

Get Mantis Connection
Get user accessible projects
Exception: The HTTP redirect request must be confirmed by the user - URL:http://mantisbt.facfin.com/api/soap/mantisconnect.php - SOAPAction:http://mantisbt.facfin.com/api/soap/mantisconnect.php/mc_projects_get_user_accessible
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

What does this have to dowith the MantisBT version? It seems like a completely different issue to me.

FWIW, another user reported to me that Mantis 2.6 works just fine with madExcept. So if your Mantis complains with "The HTTP redirect request must be confirmed by the user", that sounds like some sort of Mantis configuration issue to me. Why does Mantis think that there's a HTTP redirect request going on?