Binary is not being patched

delphi package - automated exception handling
mafebresv

Binary is not being patched

Post by mafebresv »

Hello,

I am using madExcept 4.0.17 and when using the madExceptPatch on my development computer it works as expected.

Ignore the message "map file is already appended" as this binary was already patched properly.

Exitcode is 0, so everything is ok:

The problem is that using the same version of madExcept and binary files, madExceptPatch does not work in a different computer:
As you can see, the message "Binary patched" does not appear and the exe is not patched. Exit code is 0 so it seems there was not an error.

I tried already different things to troubleshot it but I can't find the reason. Any ideas?
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Binary is not being patched

Post by madshi »

If Binary patches does not appear, then probably madExceptPatch didn't think it necessary to patch the binary, which probably means that it didn't think the madExcept settings file (*.mes) asked for that. Are you sure that the *.mes file is exactly the same on both PCs?
mafebresv

Post by mafebresv »

Yes, same mes file in both machines.

The strange thing is that if I copy the exe file generated in the second machine to my first machine I get the same issue: No "Binary patched" message so it seems Delphi is generating a different EXE in the second machine that can't be patched by madExceptPatch for some reason. I am using Delphi 2006 Update 2 in both machines.

Attached is madExceptWizard,txt. i have noticed that there are a lot of "not found" messages...
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The attachment is missing. Anyway, sounds like on your 2nd machine the madExcept code is not linked into your EXE file. Are you building inside of the IDE, or via command line? Please double check that "madExcept" is in the project's uses clause on the 2nd machine.