Thank you for this piece of software!

delphi package - automated exception handling
WWebber

Thank you for this piece of software!

Post by WWebber »

I'd like to say thank you for the Software - Hallo Madshi, ich möchte mich für die Software bedanken!
After some startup troubles I got everything working together with C++ Builder. I ported my stuff from Eurekalog to MadExcept, since EL has problems with complex applications using threads, windows callbacks, low level callbacks and numerous skinned forms. Furthermore I finally got rid of FastMM as MadExcept includes it - but EL not. Also EL support went down to ZERO.
Thanks,
WWebber
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Thank you for this piece of software!

Post by madshi »

I'm happy to hear madExcept seems to work fine for you!

FWIW, madExcept does not contain a memory manager, unless you activate the "active error search" options on the first tab of the settings dialog. Only for those options madExcept overwrites the memory manager with its own, so it can report leaks and buffer overruns to you. These features are meant to be used mainly on your development PC, though. So for the end user, madExcept does not have a specific memory manager. For that it might still make sense to use FastMM4. Newer BCB versions automatically use FastMM4, though, IIRC.
WWebber

Post by WWebber »

I know. I'm using an option from the commandline, so I can activate the leak report, if I need it. Works perfect and almost as fast as FASTMM.
In the past I was also using AQTime & MemoryValidator. But both were 5-50! times slower.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I didn't know that, that's good to hear! :)