MadExcept Stopped Working in Project

delphi package - automated exception handling
mvieira2

MadExcept Stopped Working in Project

Post by mvieira2 »

I have a project that makes MadExcept fail, but I can't figure out why. Here's the basic information:

* Delphi 2010 Version 14.0.3593.25826 (Update 4) on Windows 7
* MadExcept 4.0.16
* Until last week, MadExcept worked just fine with this project. Then it stopped working for this application only.
* If I create a new project and enable MadExcept, it works just fine.
* Already tried uninstalling MadCollection, then cleaning up the registry and file system for mad* entries, deleted the project's .mes, .dproj, .local and .identcache files, then rebooted and reinstalled MadCollection fresh.
* Already tried to enable the "debug" configuration, with detailed map file generation and conditional define of "madExcept".
* Confirmed that the conditional "madExcept" is defined by executing {$ifdef madExcept} ShowMessage('madExcept defined'); {$endif}
* The application does not have any exception handlers defined (like Application.OnException).

Where else can I look? Is there a list of known issues that would make MadExcept fail? Any possible interaction with, say, Jedi or Indy or any other popular component?

Thanks!

MV
madshi
Site Admin

Re: MadExcept Stopped Working in Project

Post by madshi »

Have you tried a simple Button1Click "raise Exception.Create('test')"? What happens if you do that? Delphi's own exception dialog appears?

Try this:

1) Call RegisterExceptionHandler(stDontSync) and inside call "Windows.MessageBoxA(0, 'test', 'test', 0)". Does the message box appear if an exception is raised?
2) Create an empty file "madExceptWizard.txt" on your desktop, then recompile your project. Afterwards zip the file and attach is to this thread.
mvieira2

Post by mvieira2 »

Yes, I had tried that and everything else. I finally found out what the problem was: the compiler output directory was on a network drive. Once I configured Delphi to save the .EXE file on the local disk, MadExcept started working again.

Thanks for your help, and for an excellent product.

MV
Zava

Post by Zava »

mvieira2 wrote:Yes, I had tried that and everything else. I finally found out what the problem was: the compiler output directory was on a network drive. Once I configured Delphi to save the .EXE file on the local disk, MadExcept started working again.

Thanks for your help, and for an excellent product.

MV
I have exactly the same problem with the latest version of the madExcept 4.0.16 + Delphi XE7.
This is reproduced when I compile inside a virtual machine to a folder outside the VM what windows understands is a network drive.
It makes MadExcept not work well. :cry: :cry:

Do you have any plans to solve this problem?
CharlieHeaps

Post by CharlieHeaps »

I seem to be having the same problem. Thanks for highlighting this issue. Would be good to know if there are plans to address it.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Is the target dir also a network drive for you?

Please try this:

1) Create an empty file madExceptWizard.txt on your desktop.
2) Recompile.
3) Zip the txt file and upload it somewhere for me to look at.