XE7 support

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
brian

XE7 support

Post by brian »

Hello, is support for XE7 planned? (mainly for madExcept), thanks :)
madshi
Site Admin

Re: XE7 support

Post by madshi »

Yes, of course. I hope to have it available mid next week.
aaangeli

Post by aaangeli »

Hello, I just start XE6 to XE7 migration and I miss only madExcept to complete it. Any news for XE7 version?

Thank you!

Davide Angeli
Multysoft srl
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Here's a beta build with XE7 support:

http://madshi.net/madCollectionBeta.exe (installer 2.7.9.6)

A new official release should be coming at the end of this
week or at the beginning of next week. The current beta
should already be stable enough for your release software,
though.
brian

Post by brian »

I get this message with the beta

[madExcept Warning] Mapping binary file failed (1).
simpsons

Post by simpsons »

Hi,

with the latest beta 2.7.9.8 I get the following error message when compiling a screensaver project with file extension ".scr" instead of ".exe":

[madExcept Warnung] Binary not found!

Cheers,
Stefan
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

@brian, sorry about that. Was a stupid fixed which got fixed a couple of hours later. Unfortunately the forum didn't notify me about your post, so I didn't reply here... :(

@Stefan, would you mind creating a little test project for me? Tried to reproduce this, but it works fine on my PC.
simpsons

Post by simpsons »

madshi wrote:@Stefan, would you mind creating a little test project for me? Tried to reproduce this, but it works fine on my PC.
I sent you a mail with a demo project.
BR,
Stefan
brian

Post by brian »

madshi wrote:@brian, sorry about that. Was a stupid fixed which got fixed a couple of hours later. Unfortunately the forum didn't notify me about your post, so I didn't reply here... :(

@Stefan, would you mind creating a little test project for me? Tried to reproduce this, but it works fine on my PC.
Thanks, will try the new beta. I've been getting forum reply emails tagged as spam by gmail, even after marking them a few times as not spam, maybe same happened for you.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

@brian, you're right, the notifications were in my spam folder. :( I've now added a filter to prevent that from happening again...

@Stefan, this appears to be a bug in XE7. Basically your project has the extension set to "exe" in the project settings, but you're overwriting this in your source code file by using "{$E SCR}". In this situation it seems that XE7 is telling madExcept that the target file is "project.exe". That's why madExcept can't find the binary file. You can see the same problem in the XE7 IDE, too: In the project manager under "ProjectGroup1" it reads "project.exe" instead of "project.scr". You can workaround this issue by properly changing the project options to "scr". There's not much I can do about this because if XE7 isn't telling me the proper file extension, where should I get it from?
simpsons

Post by simpsons »

madshi wrote:@Stefan, this appears to be a bug in XE7. Basically your project has the extension set to "exe" in the project settings, but you're overwriting this in your source code file by using "{$E SCR}". In this situation it seems that XE7 is telling madExcept that the target file is "project.exe". That's why madExcept can't find the binary file. You can see the same problem in the XE7 IDE, too: In the project manager under "ProjectGroup1" it reads "project.exe" instead of "project.scr". You can workaround this issue by properly changing the project options to "scr". There's not much I can do about this because if XE7 isn't telling me the proper file extension, where should I get it from?
Hi Mathias,
thanks for the hint, the project is from very old times, when changing the file extension had to be done by the compiler switch $E.
Probably this project option for the file extension didn't exist then, but I'm not sure.
I've changed it in the project options and everything links fine now.

Cheers,
Stefan
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I still believe this is a bug in XE7, though. The IDE tells me the full file path/name of the fully compiled & linked EXE file and it's "c:\somePath\project.exe", which is clearly incorrect. But I guess it's not too much of a problem to workaround it.
mischerr

Post by mischerr »

Hello,

I'm just upgrading from XE2 to XE7 and have a licensed version of MadExcept.
I tried to install the lastest Beta from today but it doesn't work.
After installation that everything is updated successfully, but there's no madExcept menu item.
Also under packages, there're only madBasic, madDisAsm, madHelp - madExcept is missing.

While all other packages like madDisAsm point to %ProgramFiles%\madCollection\mad...\BDS15\win32\mad..._.bpl
There's no BDS15 directory for madExcept.

Are there any hints for the installation of the beta?

Best regards,
Michael

Edit: I've just seen, that my key-file is only for madExcept3. If I deselect it and try to install the uncommercial v4 it is installed and seems to work. Seems I've to place a new order or will v3 get an update too? :blush:
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

madExcept 3 is not updated, anymore. It's probably still mostly XE7 compatible, though, so if you want to save the money you could try to update it yourself. It's not too much trouble, just a bunch of "{$ifdef ver...}" defines and similar stuff. However, madExcept 4 of course also has a lot of nice new features, so I might be worth the upgrade, anyway... :D
mischerr

Post by mischerr »

Thanks for the feedback. Order will be placed today or tomorrow - after I converted all projects to XE7.
[Edit] Opps.. Got a new key files some minutes ago but the latest beta installer (2.7.9.11) says: "Your key file is valid, but unexpectedly this installer doesn't contain the information needed to make your key file work." :(
Last edited by mischerr on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.