Enhancement

contains all delphi packages mentioned below
Dayna

Enhancement

Post by Dayna »

I do beta testing and have several clinics all sending me emails.

When the message arrives, I cannot tell who its from without altering the setup and changing the attachment filename for every office.

It would be nice if I could enter a string through my program setup such that the subject line could be changed from 'Bug Report' to 'Bug Report' + some string.

Dayna.

ps. If such a feature already exists... please beat me up and rub my nose in it.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Enhancement

Post by madshi »

This feature already exists... :D

At runtime you can either globally change the subject line by doing "MESettings().MailSubject := 'Bug Report - Office Daytona';". Or alternatively you could also change it per exceptions by registering a little exception handler (see "RegisterExceptionHandler()"). In your handler you would then do "exceptIntf.MailSubject := '...';". This change would be local to the current exceptions.
Dayna

Post by Dayna »

Thank you.
Dayna

Post by Dayna »

How to use MESettings.MailSubject

my code
{$IFDEF madExcept}
MESettings.MailSubject := LiquidVision.CurrentOffice.Name;
{$ENDIF}

I'm getting an AV when I try to use the code you posted. Do I have to inititalise MESettings? Create some variable? Its 2am and I'm too tired to think.

Please post a sample of how to use MESettings including any initialisation or creating of objects or interfaces... I'm a bit of a newb and find the process not intuitive.

Thanks for your time.
Dayna.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

There is no initialization necessary. Probably the crash comes from your "LiquidVision.CurrentOffice.Name" code and not from accessing madExcept.
Dayna

Post by Dayna »

Geez I hate having my stupidity rubbed on my face.

Thanks for helping.

Dayna.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Things like that can happen at 2am... :D