madSecurity Registry

delphi package - easy access to security apis
installaware

madSecurity Registry

Post by installaware »

We have an issue with madSecurity for setting registry permissions on 64-bit targets writing to HKLM/HKCR hives.

For example:

1- "HKCR\CLSID\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000000A}\ProgID"
Grant Complete Access to Everyone - This permission is totally ignored and doesn't get applied at all.

2- "HKCR\CLSID\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000000B}\ProgID"
Set Read Write Permissions for Current User - This permission appears to be applied, however this causes an alteration of the existing permission's structure of the key (see attached image):
Img1.png
Img1.png (56.25 KiB) Viewed 10973 times
3- "HKLM\SOFTWARE\ACompany\App\1.0"
Set Read Write Permissions for Current User - This permission appears to be applied, however this causes an alteration of the existing permission's structure of the key (as for #2 above).

To recover, it's often necessary to manually correct the aberrations via the Registry Editor.

While the issue does appear to be isolated, the author has indicated that he may no longer be supporting madSecurity Registry.

Does anyone know of any alternatives to this package?

Thank you!
madshi
Site Admin

Re: madSecurity Registry - May No Longer Be Supported!

Post by madshi »

installaware wrote:While the issue does appear to be isolated, the author has indicated that he may no longer be supporting madSecurity Registry.
That's not true at all. Why would you say that? Here's word-for-word what I wrote to you via email:

> I'm currently very busy with some other projects,
> so I don't have time for madSecurity atm, unfortunately.

You do know what "atm" means, right?

Btw, since madSecurity is free and open source, everyone - including you - is welcome to help support it by trying to find and fix any problems you might encounter.
installaware

Re: madSecurity Registry

Post by installaware »

What you wrote was in response to my question:

"If you are still intending to maintain madSecurity, please let me know."

So if I have misunderstood anything, please forgive me.
installaware

Post by installaware »

So its been a full month since the last update on this thread...

What is your typical turnaround time for your projects that aren't dead and are still fully supported?

Your code has always been remarkably obtuse for me, I even tried to get a freelancer to look at it, but he was pretty stumped too!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

My typical turnaround time for freeware projects is "whenever I find the time", which could be weeks or months or years.

(Edit: Why don't you let anyone draw their own conclusions, based on this comment of mine? I think my comment is pretty clear, so there's no need for you to "interpret" it.)