How to catch Terminate Process in my Application with MadCod

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

EndItAll uses a remote thread to execute "ExitProcess" in the context of the process which it wants to be stopped. This is not (yet) hooked by the HookProcessTermination demo. I should probably add that to the next version.
Runner

Post by Runner »

You can't use delphi for writing drivers. You need Microsofr DDK. There are some solutions that give delphi driver writing capabilites on the market but I don't know how efficient or easy to use they are.
hexa

Post by hexa »

Thanks for your reply, madshi.
madshi wrote:EndItAll uses a remote thread to execute "ExitProcess" in the context of the process which it wants to be stopped.
Hmm. I'm not sure I have understood :? "In the context" = dll injection?

What if I wanted to stop EndItAll? Which api's should I hook?
Thanks!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

No, not dll injection, but remote threads (CreateRemoteThread).

You need to hook ExitProcess in your own process and only allow it if you want your process to end. Furthermore you also need to do what HookProcessTermination does, namely hooking (Nt)TerminateProcess system wide.

Please note, that you don't need to hook ExitProcess system wide. So don't put that code into the hook dll. It's enough to hook that only inside of your own process (= in your own exe).

Hopefully you'll use this for legal purpose only?
hexa

Post by hexa »

Of course :wink: I would never use madCollection for illegal purposes. That would make Antivirus producers block it as "trojan tool" and we couldn't use it anymore :(
Thanks a lot for your explaination madshi!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

hexa wrote:Of course :wink: I would never use madCollection for illegal purposes. That would make Antivirus producers block it as "trojan tool" and we couldn't use it anymore :(
Exactly! :wink: