Total newbie to madCodeHook

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
RJSoft

Total newbie to madCodeHook

Post by RJSoft »

Hello all;

I am a total newbie to madCodeHook and wondering where I can read an overview of what exactly is madCodeHook in more detail.

(or perhaps just a reply here would cover it).

I know how to write a hook in C++ and have built apps with MFC.

In particular I am concearned with modifying tcp packet/s. I am very green there also.

Basically I would like to know if while a packet/s are being transmitted from my pc if I can modify my IP address using a hook.

My current knowledge of the basic tcp packet is that the last 2 DWORD contain the from and to addresses.

Also consider that I dont really need any data transmitted back to display from the server. All I want is to establish enough of a request to fool a page counter. Could this be done with 1 packet?

Don't exactly understand the origin of madCodeHook or why there seems to be an issue of hooking using it compared to using given API but I am hoping for an answer to that as well.

I am also wondering about intercepting tcp packet dealing with image transmission in reguards to web cam transmission. I would like to give the users ability to send pre-defined series of images or images gathered normally from the webcam.

Any comments/clues/ideals/opinions/suggestions/complaints are apreciated.

RJ
RJSoft

Post by RJSoft »

Forgot to mention that I am also curious about how web site counters that show stats get that information from packets and if so could that info be modified as well.

RJ
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You can read the online documentation:

http://help.madshi.net/madCodeHook.htm

I'm sorry, but I can't answer those TCP/IP / internet related questions, since I've not much knowledge in this area. If you browse through the other topics on this forum, you'll find several questions about WinSock, though, including some source code. Maybe that helps...