is ti possible to hook Flash Player ? ?

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
cool_tester

is ti possible to hook Flash Player ? ?

Post by cool_tester »

Hello there,
i was wondering if i can Hook macromeida flash, and know when someone changes a variable for example. is this possible ? to some how monitor the internal workings of flash player? and hook into the function that is responsible for changing variables?

Thanks.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Don't know. Generally when doing API hooking you first need to know what functions/APIs you want to hook. Do you know that about Flash? I don't.
cool_tester

Post by cool_tester »

I don't really know and that is what i'm trying to find out, how does flash update it's own variable and what API does it use, is there anyway i can know that?
if not is it possible to hook into the flash players internal messages, so i can intercept what it sends and receives?
thanks.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

In order to be able to hook something you need to know what you want to hook exactly, respectively how the program (that you want to hook) works internally. You don't seem to know that about the flash player, so things are not looking good for you. Maybe you can hook the WinSock APIs to get control over what the flash player receives from the internet. But that's the only thing that comes to my mind right now.