NtQueryObject

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
trafficlights7

NtQueryObject

Post by trafficlights7 »

Im hooking NtDeviceIoControlFile to hook enumerated open ports, which in part calls NtQueryObject - all seems to work fine on NT based systems.

The problem is on 9x systems - if the NtQueryObject is included in the compile, the hooking doesnt seem to work at all (for anything). This occurs even if ive first checked for which OS and not calling NtQueryObject on 9x . . .

As NtQueryObject is an exported function from ntdll.dll (in unit Native) its understandable it isnt available on 9x, but why does it still cause a problem having the code declared but not called?

Am I missing something fundamental?!
Runner

Post by Runner »

I didn't understand the whole problem, but no NT....functions are available on 9x systems.

Or are you having problems hooking some other 9x functions if you include the NT..function in your code? Please be more precise, also the code of the problem would be nice. :D
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Yeah, I agree with Runner. We need some more details. Which APIs are you hooking and which don't work in win9x, although you think they should work. And how does your code look like?