setup issues

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
patriw

setup issues

Post by patriw »

IGNORE THIS POST...turns out setting up delphi is a lot easier than the c++ version...if you can get your hands on delphi that is...so I"m good to go...

I'm pretty new to both this library, and to C++, so I'm not quite sure what is happening...I'm just testing my setup by trying to recompile the Printing demo.I opened the HookPrintAPIs VC++ project, placed the madCHook.dll in system32, placed both madCHook - static.h (and renamed...) and madCHook.obj file into PrintMonitor and still can't get a clean compile.

The errors that I'm having are as follows...thanks again...and sorry this is such an introductory question....

------ Build started: Project: HookPrintAPIs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
HookPrintAPIs.cpp
.\HookPrintAPIs.cpp(43) : error C2664: 'GetModuleFileNameW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'unsigned short [261]' to 'LPWCH'
Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
.\HookPrintAPIs.cpp(44) : error C2664: 'WideToAnsi' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned short [261]' to 'LPCWSTR'
Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
.\HookPrintAPIs.cpp(58) : error C2664: 'lstrcpyW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned short [261]' to 'LPWSTR'
.\HookPrintAPIs.cpp(60) : error C2664: 'lstrcmpW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'unsigned short [261]' to 'LPCWSTR'
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\madCollection\madCodeHook\Demos\system wide\PrintMonitor\Release\BuildLog.htm"
HookPrintAPIs - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

or if someone knows where to put appropriete delphi files, I would be willing to learn that...I should have no problem learning the language, just setting up the environment seems to be an issue. If anyone has a "getting started" type thread or document I could look at it would be greatly appreciated. I just found a copy of Delphi 7 and tried to compile the HookProcessTermination project, but had a file not found 'madTools.dcu' error. I'm convinced this is just a matter of putting files in the right folders, or setting path variables. Thanks in advance!