not a game, but a second hook unit

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
uall

not a game, but a second hook unit

Post by uall »

www.arschvoll.net/myhook.txt
maybe some guys are interested in it - its not as good as madcodehook but good 4 small executables & dlls
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I've moved this to the madCodeHook forum, because it has nothing to do with "Fruits".
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

P.S: A note to everyone: Please don't use a combination of madCodeHook and any other hooking packages/units to work around madCodeHook's "self-protection" against misusing it for writing trojans/viruses in an illegal way.

madCodeHook must not be used for writing viruses, trojans, rootkits or any other kind of software, which is in danger of getting on the black list of anti virus/trojan software.

Other than that I have no problem with combining madCodeHook with other hook libraries/units, although I really see no need for it... :wink:
bedlam

Post by bedlam »

madshi wrote:P.S: A note to everyone: Please don't use a combination of madCodeHook and any other hooking packages/units to work around madCodeHook's "self-protection" against misusing it for writing trojans/viruses in an illegal way.
How would your 'protection system' know if someone's intentions are legal or illegal ???? What is this 'protection system' and could it interfere with or affect the operation of any projects using your components.

I do not write viruses or trojans, I do however, develop software that uses similar programming code....ie Injection..Hooking etc....

Yoour components use Injection/Hooking, so no wonder Anti-Virus products pick up on them. You cannot be held responsible for this though :sceptic:

I am now a little wary of using your components now, as you state that you have hidden code that decides what is legal or illegal.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

bedlam wrote:How would your 'protection system' know if someone's intentions are legal or illegal ????
It's quite simple: The non-commercial edition of madCodeHook doesn't allow hooking of process/service enumeration APIs. This way you can't use madCodeHook to hide a process.

Now you could write a hook dll which hides a process by using a different hooking lib. And you could (mis)use madCodeHook to inject that hook dll. This way you could implement a trojan/virus like application. And that's what I strictly do not want. Do you see?
bedlam wrote:Yoour components use Injection/Hooking, so no wonder Anti-Virus products pick up on them.
Anti virus/trojan products use injection/hooking themselves!! :lol: There are even several anti *** packages out there in the market, which are built on madCodeHook!! API hooking/dll injection is not bad in itself. E.g. SetWindowsHookEx also does dll injection. API hooking is just a programming technique. But it is very powerful and can be used to do bad things.
bedlam wrote:I am now a little wary of using your components now, as you state that you have hidden code that decides what is legal or illegal.
Don't worry. madCodeHook doesn't hide any secret protection code. If you try to hook one of the protected APIs, madCodeHook will let you know (by showing you a big fat MessageBox). And it will also say why it refuses to hook the API you were trying to hook.
bedlam

Post by bedlam »

I think there is some very shady things going on here.......my antivirus program is now set to high security mode and I'm doing all my development in Virtual PC :-x