problem creating hookprocesscreation.dll

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
freewilly

problem creating hookprocesscreation.dll

Post by freewilly »

Hello everyone,

When I call the HookProcessCreation.dll provided with the package from my VB application it works fine. But when I build HookProcessCreation.dll from the files in "\madCodeHook\Demos\system wide\VariousDlls" it doesn't work anymore. I don't get any errors when building HookProcessCreation.dll from the provided .cpp, .h, .lib files. I noticed the size of the HookProcessCreation.dll I build is considerably smaller than the one provided (20kb vs 76kb).

Does anyone have an idea why the DLL I build isn't equivalent to the DLL provided?

I'm using Windows 98 and Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

Thanks!! :D
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The precompiled DLL was compiled with Delphi and has the madCodeHook code linked in. When you recompile it with MSVC++ there are 2 options: You can compile it with the dynamic lib or with the static lib. When using the static lib, the DLL works just like the Delphi compiled one. When using the dynamic lib, the DLL gets much smaller, but then it needs the madCHook.dll to be in the system(32) folder.

(The static lib for MSVC++ is only available in the commercial edition of madCodeHook.)
freewilly

Post by freewilly »

Thank you Madshi - I will put madCHook.dll in the system folder and try again. I've looked far and wide on the internet for more than a month for hooking code/examples, and your site is by far and away the best!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

freewilly wrote:I've looked far and wide on the internet for more than a month for hooking code/examples, and your site is by far and away the best!
Thanks! :blush: