regarding Madhook lib version

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
sayvikas

regarding Madhook lib version

Post by sayvikas »

Hello Experts,

I am using madCHook32.lib and want to upgrade the lib to latest version, How to find the latest version of this Lib.

Thanks,
Vikas
madshi
Site Admin

Re: regarding Madhook lib version

Post by madshi »

You can always get the latest version from the latest installer, of course:

http://madshi.net/madCollection.exe (latest release build)
http://madshi.net/madCollectionBeta.exe (latest beta build)

Of course that requires you to have a valid and active license.
sayvikas

Post by sayvikas »

Dear Team,
I am trying to extract the exe but i am not able to find the MadHook32.lib,MadHook64.lib and MadCHook{n}.h, ma i know from where i can get the above mentioned libs.

Thank you,
Vikas
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The installer should provide these files, *if* it finds a valid key file. Did the installer confirm that you have a valid commercial license? And did it report any problems during installation?
sayvikas

Post by sayvikas »

Dear Team,

I have valid license but the installer is not asking me for the license and it is only going with free non-commercial software selection.
Please help me with license activation ways.

Thanks,
Vikas
sayvikas

Post by sayvikas »

I see Madhook 3 is disabled and i am not able to enable or install it.
Kindly help.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You need to unzip the key file and copy it into the same folder where the installer is located, and then rerun the installer. If you do that, the installer should automatically find your key file and show you which kind of license you have.
sayvikas

Post by sayvikas »

thank you so much for the reply, I am able to extract libs now...as far as I understand generated DLL's would need to be signed using EV certificates and failing to do so it is giving LoadInjection error.
is there any way by which I can load the drivers without EV SIgning or bypassing it during development.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

EV signing is usually only needed for SecureBoot compatability. So if you turn SecureBoot off on your development PC, a simple signing via signtool.exe should suffice - which you can run automated as a post-build event (at least that's what I'm doing).

You don't necessarily have to sign the DLLs, but it's recommended to do so. You definitely have to sign the drivers. But as I said above, it doesn't have to be EV.

If you don't sign the DLLs then the drivers won't know if they can trust the DLL, so in that case you would have to pass the DLLs to your "madConfigDrv.exe" command line, so that a CRC of each DLL can be stored into the driver file. This way the driver knows which DLLs to trust. Signing the DLLs with the same certificate as the driver is the easier solution, of course.