Error installing with delphi 7.

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
JimmyJJ

Error installing with delphi 7.

Post by JimmyJJ »

I use the .exe to install and everying is a succes (installed everything), but then when I run delphi and want to compile a demo program it says madcodehook.pas not found. When I try to install it manually by adding the .bpl in the component window then I see the other components installed (madbasic, maddisasm) but when i add the madecokdehook .bpl it says can't find requested module. Any ideas? Thnx!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Are you using the evaluation version of D7? The evaluation version doesn't accept any precompiled DCUs, unfortunately.
sunwolf25

DCU's

Post by sunwolf25 »

Can you turn them on in evaluation? Checking with help page there's 2 spots to enable and direct path to DCU's.

The 2nd one is under Tools, Debug Options, General, Paths, Debug DCU path: $(DELPHI)\Lib\Debug

Im tring to do my first compile and I keep getting File not Found: Madhookcode.pas using Delphi 7.0 Enterprise trial.

It's been a 4 day process so far tring to learn. I just want to inject a customizable dll into a game, I run at 4fps to at best 15fps. I can inject your hookdirect3d.dll file into the game and get straite wireframe which is not playable just neat.

I tried editing the Hookdirect3d.cpp and compiling it using Bloodshed Dev-C++, Miricle C, and MS Visual C++ commandline programs and they all failed. I found posts by you on another site showing your a master Delphi programer so I gave up on the CPP's and am trying to edit and compile under Delphi trial version the Hookdirect3d.dpr and getting the Madhookcode.pas not found error.

Plz end my sufferings and tell me the easiest way to complete my goal without a $100 program or 2 year college degree.
sunwolf25

wireframe

Post by sunwolf25 »

Got it finally. changed filename of madchook to madcodehook and it finished compile.

Only edit i did was wireframe = 2 to wireframe = 0 and I got exactly that. No wireframe but nothing else. I was hoping to find more settings I could change to edit the video output behavior but there where none. Just D3DFILL_WIREFRAME = 0;
D3DFILL_SOLID = 3;
D3DRS_FILLMODE = 8;

Guess I can change the number value on the fill solid and fillmode but I dont think I'll get desired results.

2 things I'm looking for are; Increasing Frames Per Second by controling what instructions the video card has to calculate. Disabling pixel shading even though the game requires shaders is an example.

Increase my visibility ingame; the ground is green, the trees, grass, bushes are green, the water reflexs surroundings which are green, and the things I need to kill are green. This makes it almost impossible to quickly see what is going on and a huge amount of concentration over long periods of time to play. Controling the video output I'd hope to disable grass and bushes, possible change ground color. And if I'm extremely lucky change the color of the things I need to kill.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Sounds like an interesting project you're working on. Unfortunately I'm no Direct3D expert at all. Actually I didn't even write the core part of the HookDirect3D demo myself, but got help from someone else.