AntiCheat tips.

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
SoulSilver

AntiCheat tips.

Post by SoulSilver »

Hello, i have been trying to code a ring3 anticheat.

Actually i have a few problems how to deal with those topics:
Code injection via SetThreadContext
Dll injection using undocumented api's such LdrpLoadDll and ManualMap
API Hook, inline,iat,eat,exception hooks
Hardware breakpoints

Maybe someone can give me a little help?

Thanks.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: AntiCheat tips.

Post by madshi »

That sounds like you're not using (and not planning to use) madCodeHook? If so, this is not the right forum for this question. This forum is for questions about madCodeHook. Anyway, I don't mind the question, so I'll keep the thread open, maybe someone will drop some comments.
iconic
Site Admin

Post by iconic »

Kernel mode cheats (wallhacks, aimbots, speed hacks etc) have existed for over a decade now. Developing a game Anti-Cheat solely in Usermode will be butter to cut through for any modern public or private cheat. Contact Uall (I think he helped develop OGC back in the day for games like Counter-Strike) - he may be able to provide some more insight about cheating methods and how to prevent some more effectively

--Iconic
SoulSilver

Post by SoulSilver »

madshi wrote:That sounds like you're not using (and not planning to use) madCodeHook? If so, this is not the right forum for this question. This forum is for questions about madCodeHook. Anyway, I don't mind the question, so I'll keep the thread open, maybe someone will drop some comments.
I am currently using madCodeHook to detect a few dll injection methods however my methods aren't very effective (LoadLibraryExW/LoadLibraryExA).
iconic wrote:Kernel mode cheats (wallhacks, aimbots, speed hacks etc) have existed for over a decade now. Developing a game Anti-Cheat solely in Usermode will be butter to cut through for any modern public or private cheat. Contact Uall (I think he helped develop OGC back in the day for games like Counter-Strike) - he may be able to provide some more insight about cheating methods and how to prevent some more effectively

--Iconic
Awesome, i will try to contact him.

Thanks