Unable to Compile DELPHI XE5 Code Hook sample

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
goldenbrown1974

Unable to Compile DELPHI XE5 Code Hook sample

Post by goldenbrown1974 »

Hello .

i was unable to compile the MADHOOK project under XE5 32 bit (is it ever will be 64 ?)
also the probe exist with the DLLinjection.

it works fine under DELPHI 7 .

Can you assist ?
Attachments
hook process creation
hook process creation
Err1.jpg (223.83 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
iconic
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Compile DELPHI XE5 Code Hook sample

Post by iconic »

I don't have the demo code in front of me but I'd guess that arrChA is defined as an array of "char", change this to "AnsiChar" and it should compile. Newer Delphi compilers interpret "char" as unicode and not ansi.

--Iconic
goldenbrown1974

thanks

i change it , and it works fine now .
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Iconic is right (of course).

It seems you're trying to compile the madCodeHook 2.x demos. Either you're still using an older commercial 2.x version, or maybe you're trying the madCodeHook 2.x evaluation version? The evaluation version should still work fine, but it's rather old, so it wasn't really written to support the newer Delphi versions yet, or also Windows 8, or 64bit OSs. The latest madCodeHook version 3.x of course fully supports all newer Delphi versions, 32bit and 64bit, and all newer OSs, 32bit and 64bit. The madCodeHook 3.x demos are also modified to compile properly under XE5.

Unfortunately I don't have a madCodeHook 3.x evaluation version available at the moment (creating an evaluation version which lets you test everything, but doesn't let you hack away the evaluation restrictions isn't easy to create). So if you want to play with madCodeHook evaluation, you're stuck with Windows 7 x86 (or older).
goldenbrown1974

ok , thanks .

i figure it out my self :-)

also , i trying to build something , if it will work ok , i will buy a license .

thansk again .