Virus Alert - madCHook.dll v2.1.0.6

c++ / delphi package - dll injection and api hooking
hmemcpy

Virus Alert - madCHook.dll v2.1.0.6

Post by hmemcpy »

Hello madshi, and fellow developers.

This is my 1st ever post on this board, so I'd like to start by thanking madshi for the amazing set of tools to make Delphi programming perfect!

And now to the reason I'm posting this. I have a Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and since today's (20.04.2004) virus-definitions update, the madCHook.dll version 2.1.0.6 is being identified as Trojan.Win32.Madtol.e. This is really bad, because a project I am developing relies on this DLL.

I'd like to add, that a previous version I have (madCodeHookLib.dll, v1.3.0.11) is not being identified as viral. Also, I am positive that my DLL hasn't been replaced by a virus/trojan horse (the package has been re-installed, numerous times).

For your consideration.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Thank you for letting me know. I'll check the situation and try to solve it with Kaspersky.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You're right. Version 2.1.0.6 is incorrectly condemned as being as trojan... :shock:

I've contacted Kaspersky. I'm confident that they will remove the faulty detection very soon again. In the meanwhile you can update to the latest version, which is *not* being classified as a trojan by Kaspersky.

Thanks again for letting me know about the problem.
hmemcpy

Sure thing :)

Post by hmemcpy »

:D
hmemcpy

By the way...

Post by hmemcpy »

What newer version are you talking about? The same version madCHook.dll is being installed with the latest package (2.1.1.0). Perhaps you meant the previous version dll I have?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

The current official version of madCHook.dll is 2.1.1.0. Please redownload the madCollection installer. Maybe you need to clean your internet cache before downloading?
hmemcpy

I'm sorry, my bad :)

Post by hmemcpy »

It seems that I have downloaded the package again, but have installed the previous :o Stupid me :)

Anyhow, indeed, v2.1.1.0 of the DLL is not being recognized as trojan! Maybe you should post this on the main page of your site, that all users should upgrade as soon as possible...