TCP

delphi package - easy access to kernel objects etc.
stOrM!

TCP

Post by stOrM! »

I wonder if there is a way to get which TCP / UDP Port a Process is listening to?
Don't know if thats possible with MadKernel too?

best regards
s!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I think it's possible to get this kind of information without madKernel. Not sure how, though. Maybe you can get the information with madKernel, too, by listing the kernel handles of all processes and checking which is a socket handle. But I don't really like this idea. I think there are better ways. Just ask on the borland newsgroups or on experts-exchange about that.
stOrM!

re

Post by stOrM! »

Hmmm do you tell me why:
by listing the kernel handles of all processes and checking which is a socket handle
You don't like that idea?
BTW. How would I check, it's a socket handle or not?

I have seen this because someday I stepped over to Wilson, he did it in his portexplorer ? The bad news I can't find his source anywhere now seems he removed it and makes only the executable available for now...
But I remember he was talking about some undocumented api calls he used for it...

regards
s!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Why don't you write a mail to Wilson (whoever you're talking about) and ask him for the sources?

I don't like the mentioned idea because it sounds like overkill. Furthermore I'm not even sure that idea really solves your problem.
stOrM!

re

Post by stOrM! »

Because while I'm blind madshi!
Here it is: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi_7.htm
Its called: IP Port Analyzer for those who are interested...

best regards
s!
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Ah, you mean that Wilson! He created the news reader I'm using (XanaNews) and he's using madExcept for it... :D
stOrM!

re

Post by stOrM! »

Hehe exactly that Wilson! :D
Same here the Newsreader is really good using Mike's VTreeview for displaying didn't knew that he's using also MadExcept :D

regards
s!
ctb

hi

Post by ctb »

Don't know if thats possible with MadKernel too?
yeah it is possible.i have done that and madkernel has helped me a lot and making stuff so easy!!

look this screenshot.

more screen shot :

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/530/cwat27qz.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7356/cwat30pv.jpg

you can do a lot of stuff using madshi's component.you have just to learn how to play with it.expect the undocumented api's for retreiving connection all others stuff have been done using the madcollection.

if you need it for business software you can buy the an licence from madshi and make an donation to me for the code.
that's all
stOrM!

re

Post by stOrM! »

Wow looks awesome!
No I just do it for fun just for playing around and to learn no need for making a buisness software...

But it would be more then great if you could show me how you extract:
Legal copyright, FileVersion,FileDescription and of course the Modules the other stuff like TCP Ports and so on I would like to learn / find myself :D

BTW. Something looks more then interesting, the killing of the tcp connection not sure but yesterday I saw something similiar with code fragment from another forum need to look again.

best regards
s!