Duplicate freezes my EXE

delphi package - easy access to kernel objects etc.
nildo

Duplicate freezes my EXE

Post by nildo »

Hello!

Mathias, I'm passing trought all handles of all processess and duplicating all handles. But there are some handles that when I'm going to duplicate, it simply freezes my program. Why?

To reproduce the problem, just do that, duplicate every handle of every process.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I'm not sure why this happens. madKernel is doing nothing but calling the win32 API DuplicateHandle, so I'm quite sure that it's not my fault, but the way the OS is working (for whatever reason). I suggest that you log all handles before duplicating them. Then you should know at which handle it freezes. Maybe you can just skip such handles without duplicating them?
nildo

Post by nildo »

madshi wrote:I'm not sure why this happens. madKernel is doing nothing but calling the win32 API DuplicateHandle, so I'm quite sure that it's not my fault, but the way the OS is working (for whatever reason). I suggest that you log all handles before duplicating them. Then you should know at which handle it freezes. Maybe you can just skip such handles without duplicating them?
Hum.... yes, its not your fault.
And thats what I did, but I am quite sure that I may lost some valid handles. But anyway... Thanx for your help :wink: