IHandle contructor on WinXP x64 Pro

delphi package - easy access to kernel objects etc.
Nico Bendlin

IHandle contructor on WinXP x64 Pro

Post by Nico Bendlin »

Nearly all IHandle realted actions seem to fail on Windows XP x64 Professional (with all currently available updates).
The reason might be a 'bug' in the current version of Microsoft's native Wow64 API (NtQuerySystemInformation(SystemHandleInformation, ...) returns STATUS_SUCCESS - but does NOT fill the handle infos for index 1 to Count-1).

Do you know a workaround (without the help of a 64-bit process)?

Note: NtWow64GetNativeSystemInformation (RtlGetNativeSystemInformation) supports only a subset of the system information classes (SystemBasicInformation, SystemProcessorInformation, SystemEmulationBasicInformation, and SystemEmulationProcessorInformation) - therefore this function is useless...

Best regards,
Nico
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Yeah, stumbled across the same problem already. :?

Right now I don't have a real workaround. The latest beta is trying to get along without the API. But some functionality is lost this way.

:cry:
Nico Bendlin

Post by Nico Bendlin »

Well, bad news.
So I have to stick with the 64-bit thunk process if the API fails.

Best regards, Nico
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Yeah, I know no other solution right now. I've even thought about running a remote thread in an existing 64bit process - but that doesn't work, either, cause CreateRemoteThread only works for 32bit processes, when being called from a 32bit process.