madExcept and FinalBuilder

delphi package - automated exception handling
Magnus Haggren

madExcept and FinalBuilder

Post by Magnus Haggren »

I am using FinalBuilder to compile my Delphi projects and I now want to add madExcept exception handling to my project. I have partially succeeded, but I have a problem getting all the extra tabs (like processes, hardware etc.). It looks like the extra plugins aren't used at all. Do I have to enable madExcept from within Delphi, even if I am using FinalBuilder's madExcept action to patch the executable?

Thanks,
Magnus
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You need to do 2 things:

(1) You need to add the plugin units to your uses clause.
(2) You need to configure the madExcept settings so that the plugins are enabled.

Afterwards compiling the project from FinalBuilder should work fine, I think.
Magnus Haggren

Post by Magnus Haggren »

Okey, I see. Even if I run the madExcept action I still need to add those units to my dpr file. The problem I am getting now, if I haven't enabled madExcept in Delphi, those units gets removed whenever I save the project file. What I would like to do is to have the madExcept units in my uses clause, sourunded by the conditional define, madExcept. Like this:

uses
{$IFDEF madExcept}
madExcept,
madLinkDisAsm,
madListHardware,
madListProcesses,
madListModules,
{$ENDIF}

And then from FinalBuilder I would set the correct settings to the .mes file directly before compiling and patching. But this does not seem to work, because of the removal of those units. Is there another way that would work?

/Magnus
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

You can do exactly that. Just turn off the uses clause manipulation. You can do that either locally by adding a comment "// dontTouchUses" above your uses clause. Or you can turn it off globally in the madExcept configuration dialog (see Delphi Tools menu).
Magnus Haggren

Post by Magnus Haggren »

Thanks, now it works exactly as I want!