screenshot problem

delphi package - automated exception handling
thany

screenshot problem

Post by thany »

I've checked "capture our application only", but madExcept 3.0a still creates a screenshot the size of my desktop. Everything is white, except the area where the application would be. I can imagine the reason for this would be to also grab stuff like floating toolbars, but what if there aren't any?

So I propose the screenshot to be cropped. That'll probably look a bit more elegant. Also, since we're using PNG anyway, you might wanna make that "empty" space in the screenshot nicely transparent instead of white.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: screenshot problem

Post by madshi »

thany wrote:I've checked "capture our application only", but madExcept 3.0a still creates a screenshot the size of my desktop. Everything is white, except the area where the application would be. I can imagine the reason for this would be to also grab stuff like floating toolbars, but what if there aren't any?

So I propose the screenshot to be cropped. That'll probably look a bit more elegant.
This was already suggested recently on my newsserver. I'll implement that in one of the next builds.
thany wrote:Also, since we're using PNG anyway, you might wanna make that "empty" space in the screenshot nicely transparent instead of white.
That's a new one!! :) I'll have to check how complicated it is to store an alpha channel. I will do that only if neither increases the file size nor the madExcept code size by much.