madExcept vs. change themes

delphi package - automated exception handling
Naum

madExcept vs. change themes

Post by Naum »

i'm sorry for my primitive english.

when you change your winxp theme (for example, classic -> silver) you must wait some time to apply changes (m$ splash screen) - that time madExcept think that it's timeout of freezing application (i set 15 sec in madExcept options, more - isn't correct for my application).

how can i fix it?

p.s. may be i don't describe you this error correctly :(
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Well, problems as this are the reason why I set the default timeout time to 60 seconds and not 15. madExcept can't magically find out whether the application is really unexpectedly frozen or whether it's frozen with a good reason. A freeze is a freeze to madExcept.
Naum

Post by Naum »

madshi wrote:Well, problems as this are the reason why I set the default timeout time to 60 seconds and not 15. madExcept can't magically find out whether the application is really unexpectedly frozen or whether it's frozen with a good reason. A freeze is a freeze to madExcept.
i understand. ok.

but you can identificate delphi debugger for example - itsn't a good reason to freeze, i think ) it's really difficult to trace my program (it's more difficult to "shutdown" madExcept every debug-time), when madExcept "freeze"-message (most top) is cover debugger.

p.s. sorry for my english again
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I'll put that debugger problem on my to do list.
Naum

Post by Naum »

madshi wrote:I'll put that debugger problem on my to do list.
thnx. your madExcept is really good tool (i try many other free/non-free semiliar utils) plz, be free :) it's reaaly good that you "open source" & have a freeware licenst too.