MadExcept fails to send mail via SMTP Client wininet offline

delphi package - automated exception handling
lancelot59

MadExcept fails to send mail via SMTP Client wininet offline

Post by lancelot59 »

Hi,

As the subject states, when MadExcept is instructed to send a mail via SMTP client, it fail's and tells me about it.
Madtestmail.exe fail's with the following error:
"WinInet claims we're offline"

So, somehow, although I'm permanently connected to the internet, WinInet "thinks" i'm offline.
What can I do about that ? How can I change the way WinInet is thinking ?

Please advise

Thanks.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

That's a somewhat tough problem. I could tell madExcept to ignore what WinInet sais and to simply try to send the mail. But that wouldn't behave nicely on a PC which is actually not online. There'd be a delay in which madExcept tries to connect but which doesn't work until there's a timeout. So I'm not sure how to solve it... :?
lancelot59

Post by lancelot59 »

Sorry, this problem set me off in the wrong direction,
when googling around I found some stuff about WinInet not always reporting the internet-connected-state correctly.

Finally solved it, when I found out that internet explorer had somehow lost some of it's internet settings and I re-applied internet explorer's extra/internet-options/connections/settings

Mailing works as it's supposed to now.
Although I do not especially like the tray window to get visible at all, and would like a way to disable this behaviour.

Thanks.

Ron.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

lancelot59 wrote:Although I do not especially like the tray window to get visible at all, and would like a way to disable this behaviour.
Not sure what exactly you mean with that. Do you think madExcept should behave differently? How exactly?
lancelot59

Post by lancelot59 »

I've set up madExcept to automatically email the problem report.
Just before a captured exception is sent (or during the sending) a window pop's up from the tray, inform's me about something I cannot read, since the sending is very fast, then disappears.

I would like the sending to be completely in the background, no informationional messages, no popup's (only if there is an error maybe)

Does that help ?

Ron.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

On the 2nd tab of the exception dialog you can turn automatic sending on/off. One checkbox below that you can turn the progress dialog box for bug report sending on/off. Have you turned that off?
lancelot59

Post by lancelot59 »

I'm a complete asshole...
How could I have missed that...
thanks.

I'll keep you informed...

Ron.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Don't worry, there are so many options. I had to search for the right option myself!