Email bug sheet - Outlook error

delphi package - automated exception handling
Neill

Email bug sheet - Outlook error

Post by Neill »

Hi.
I am trying madaexcept and when I get an error in my program ( Delphi )
I send the email. I get a message from Outlook saying 'A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook'. Do you want to allow this.
How do I turn this off from madexcept.
I send emails myself from Delphi and turned this off, but can not see how to do it in madexcept.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Ehm, I'm just using simple MAPI to send the mail. No idea why Outlook complains like that!

Maybe you can try the other mailing APIs instead? Check out this madExcept settings page:

http://help.madshi.net/madExceptSettings5.htm
Neill

Tired that

Post by Neill »

Many thanks for the quick reply. I have tried all settings and have found that this message box only occurs if I have outlook running on the same machine. If outlook is not running then the message does not appear. I have also found that once I email the message my program hangs totally.
Not sure where to go from here, other than disable emailing of bug sheets.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

That looks like an Outlook bug to me. Well, you can just disable MAPI mailing. Why not using SMTP mailing or HTTP upload instead?
Neill

Have tried all that

Post by Neill »

Hi
Again thanks for the quick reply. I have tried all the settings and no joy.
I then ran my program on a different PC and it all worked ok. Not sure why it fails on one PC yet works on a different one when they are both at the same version of windows and outlook.
I will not use the pc it fails on.