Where to find madCompileBugReport.exe?

delphi package - automated exception handling
Sanchez

Where to find madCompileBugReport.exe?

Post by Sanchez »

Hi madshi,
The help (http://help.madshi.net/madExceptSettings1.htm) says me, that the madCompileBugReport.exe compiles the minimal debug-info (segment%x) back to a complete bug report. But I can't find this tool.

Where do I find resp. get it?

daniel
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

hi,
I just discovered your newsletter and found out about the new beta, which has this tool included.

Unfortunately, I don't get this tool running. I have a bug-report and the mad-file (I'm sure that the exe has been compiled together with this mad-file), but I get this error message:

Code: Select all

C:\Programme\madCollection\madExcept\Tools>madCompileBugReport.exe "c:\bugReport.txt" "c:\map-files"
Bug report file "c:\bugReport.txt" loaded successfully.
Didn't find file "Project1.mad".
Didn't find any of the needed "mad" files, so gave up.
Do you have any suggestions?

[EDIT]
I just found out, that not all of my bugreports include the value for VideoControl.mad in header. Those without this value have a callstack crc of "will be calculated soon".
[/EDIT]

thanks, daniel
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Could you please try to reproduce the problem with some intentionally raised exceptions? I've done that on my PC and everything works fine here.

The "will be calculated soon" thing is a bug in the official build and should be fixed with the current beta build.
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

With a minimal Test-Project, the BugReportCompiler is working. I could not test it with my real project today, because I don't get bugreports with the right header-information at the moment.

This is my bug report header:
date/time : 2005-09-28, 10:16:26, 765ms
computer name : TST1
wts client name : PC-3
user name : xxx <admin>
operating system : Windows XP Service Pack 2 build 2600
system language : German
system up time : 29 days 18 hours
program up time : 9 minutes 23 seconds
processor : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
physical memory : 182/323 MB (free/total)
free disk space : (C:) 4,04 GB
display mode : 1280x1024, 16 bit
process id : $9d8
allocated memory : 15,84 MB
executable : VideoControl.exe
exec. date/time : 2005-09-28 09:38
version : 1.0.2.5
madExcept version : 3.0a beta 3
callstack crc : will be calculated soon
exception number : 1
exception class : EDirectShowException
exception message : ($C00D0006).
The information about the mad-file is missing, so madCompileBugReport.exe says, that the report is already complete.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Not sure. You say with a test project it works. But then you say the header information is missing. Now does it work for you or not? I'm not sure what you mean...
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

Well, with a very simple test project, everything is fine. But my current project is producing bug reports like in my last post. The information about the mad-file is missing, so I'm told that the bug-report is already complete, when starting the BugReportCompiler. Furthermore the "will be calculated soon"-Bug appears in the current beta too.

Some bug reports of the same project do have the mad-file info. If I copy and paste them in a bug report without this information, the BugReportCompiler is working very well.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Can you please check whether you have some old mad*.dcus flying around somewhere? Maybe in your project folder? Or maybe you copied madExcept.pas to your project folder in an older version? Does your real project also include some self written dlls? If yes, did you compile them with madExcept, too?