mad except not handling exceptions

delphi package - automated exception handling
jackjumper

mad except not handling exceptions

Post by jackjumper »

I'm trying mad except out, which looks really cool, but it's not catching exceptions in my application. I've put in the line:

PInteger(nil)^ := 0;

In my form create, but I get the regular Delphi exception handler message box (This is Delphi 6). I was using the JCL stack window stuff, but I've got it all commented out and the units removed from the project.

So I think I've missed something. What's an easy way to tell if MadExcept is enabled, or if some other exception handler has jumped in there?

It does work on some simpler projects, so I think it's installed correctly.

Thanks

Tom
jackjumper

More information

Post by jackjumper »

I should say I'm also using MemCheck (http://v.mahon.free.fr/pro/freeware/memcheck) to look for memory leaks, however taking it out doesn't seem to change anything
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Have you tried outside of the IDE? Also try turning TD32 debug infos off (linker settings). There's a bug in the current build which makes problem when TD32 debug infos are turned on.
jackjumper

So far, so good

Post by jackjumper »

OK, turning off the TD32 debug information fixed it - I get the madexcept dialog now. However if I turn off the debug information, I can't get stack traces for memory leaks.

Do you have an idea when you'll fix the problem? Or alternatively, do you know of a different memory leak checker that doesn't need the TD32 debug information?

Thanks for the assistance
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

A fix will be available soon. Maybe later today, at the latest during next weekend.
jackjumper

A Fix!

Post by jackjumper »

Great, thanks! I'll look again next week.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Next week (or earlier) you will be able to download the new build here:

http://madshi.net/madCollectionBeta.exe

That's always the link to the latest beta build.