sometimes buttons in exception dialog do nothing

delphi package - automated exception handling
rassie

sometimes buttons in exception dialog do nothing

Post by rassie »

I have used madExcept in an application for some time now. I have recently discovered that the exception box buttons don't always work. When clicking e.g. Send or Save, the box seems deadlocked, and nothing happens. Pressing ESC returns the box, but sending or saving was not done. (The Send or Save assistant should have been displayed, but was not).
How can I debug this problem, where should I look.
I am using the newest version in Delphi 2007 on XP.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hello,

and sorry for the late reply!

I've never seen this problem yet or heard about it yet. Do you have any "OnExceptAction" handlers installed? If so, please try to disable them as a test and check whether the problem goes away. If that doesn't help, I'd ideally need some way to reproduce the problem on my PC.

P.S: Another test you could do is to check whether the same problem occurs on your PC(s) in a brand new test project.
rassie

Post by rassie »

I have so far been unable to reproduce it, it could have been an unstable user pc which triggered it.
There were no OnExceptAction handlers registered.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Maybe the OS resources were short and as a result creation of the dialogs were not possible, anymore. That's quite possible, especially if your application crashed because of too low resources. If you've had problems like this before, maybe it would make sense to double check for resource leaks by using a tool like MemProof? Just a thought, though...