file not found

delphi package - automated exception handling
tellsis

file not found

Post by tellsis »

hello,

i'm still very new to delphi so please bare with me :(

i'm trying to compile a project that used madexcept.

i have all the latest versions of components that the author used when he compiled it. delphi7 with gr32 package and madcollection.

unfortunately i think the version of madcollection which i have installed 2.1.7 was not the same version the author used when he compiled it. (he compiled his project/released it october of 2004 i believe)

i'm getting this error when i compile:

[Fatal Error] File not found: 'C:\Program Files\madCollection\madExcept\Delphi 7\madExcept.pas'

I've searched high and low and I dont have a madExcept.pas , I tried going to the Projects > MadExcept settings and unchecking the 'handle exceptions' box and when I compile it like this I get:

[Fatal Error] File not found: 'C:\Program Files\madCollection\madExcept\Delphi 7\madExceptVcl.pas'

I've checked that folder and I dont have any .pas files except for: madIWSupport.pas

is this because the author used an older version of madcollection (madexcept) when he compiled it and now it is asking for these components? and if so could anyone provide me with the older versions of madcollection?

thank you in advance!