Multi-Language support + Turning off Mad Except

delphi package - automated exception handling
prmartin

Multi-Language support + Turning off Mad Except

Post by prmartin »

Hello

Two quick questions :

- How is multi-language support handled ex. The displayed buttons etc. We currently use our own dictionary to translate our forms etc...

- Am I correct in saying that if I turn off everything in the general settings (handle exceptions, append map, check for frozen...) then no Mad Except code will be include in our executable...

Many thanks

Paul
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Multi-Language support + Turning off Mad Except

Post by madshi »

prmartin wrote:- How is multi-language support handled ex. The displayed buttons etc. We currently use our own dictionary to translate our forms etc...
You can set the button captions at runtime by filling some string variables exported by madExcept. The variables are mentioned in the documentation about the madExcept settings dialog.
prmartin wrote:- Am I correct in saying that if I turn off everything in the general settings (handle exceptions, append map, check for frozen...) then no Mad Except code will be include in our executable...
That's right. Of course if you manually added madExcept to the uses clause of any units (other than the project file), you need to remove that again, too.