An exception occurred during composing the bug report. $4044

delphi package - automated exception handling
clivebennett

An exception occurred during composing the bug report. $4044

Post by clivebennett »

HI,

One of my testers keeps getting this error report when exitting the application.

An exception occurred during composing the bug report. $40444d

Under what circumtstances would you get this error in MadExcept ?. Its the only line in the bug report.

Im on D7 and using 2.7f

Thanks
Clive.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: An exception occurred during composing the bug report. $

Post by madshi »

Are you sure that this is with 2.7f? This message showed up more now and then in older versions. It's somewhat unlikely (but still possible) to show up in newer versions of madExcept.

The message means that madExcept was not able to produce a good error report, because while doing so an internal exception was raised. This can happen because of a madExcept bug or because the process is in an instable state. E.g. if the memory manager is gone wild, this can happen.
clivebennett

Post by clivebennett »

Thanks for that, I went and checked and sorry he was actually on 2.7b at the time. I thought I had upgraded his version.
Hes on 2.7f now so hopefully I get a proper bug report if the problem occurs again.
Cheers
Clive.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

If it was a bug in 2.7b then you should get a good bug report with the new version. If it was an instable process, then hopefully you'll get at least some more information with 2.7f then you got with 2.7b. You might not get a full bug report, though. You'll get all those parts of the bug report which can be composed without internal exceptions.