unit "madExcept" not found in binary file -> ma

delphi package - automated exception handling
NGeiersbach

unit "madExcept" not found in binary file -> ma

Post by NGeiersbach »

Hallo

I have used madExcept with Delphi 7 in a package "mypackage.bpl". After compiling the packages "madBasic_", "madDisAsm_" and "madExcept_" are added automaticlly into the requierd package area of "mypackage".

I use a unit "myunit.pas" of the package "mypackage" in an application "myappication.exe". Therefore I switch on the "built with runtime packages"-flag and compile the "myapplication.dpr". The only package I have registered in the runtime package line is "mypackage"

After building "myapplication" successfully, the following message pop up "[madExcept] myapplication.dpr: unit "madExcept" not found in binary file -> madExcept won't work correctly."

I have checked the Search path to the unit, the packages are in the system32 directory, ... Has anybody an idea?

Regards
Niels
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

With the current madExcept version you're not allowed to add madExcept to a package. That will most probably change with the next madExcept version update. But right now please don't do that.

Instead please reference madExcept only in your application. Then the problem should be gone.
NGeiersbach

Post by NGeiersbach »

Hallo madshi,

that sounds not good. When do you think the next madExcept version will be availeble?

Regards
Niels
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Will take a while, early next year I guess.

Why do you need to use madExcept inside of a package?