What's in the madExcept report

delphi package - automated exception handling
altheeldr

What's in the madExcept report

Post by altheeldr »

There is clearly some magic going on which I don't understand.

When run on the build PC, the exception report gives full trace back type information (even if i've blown away the map file.)

When run on taget PC, the exception report gives very little - exe and some loader stuff.

Where is the exception process getting the data from on the build PC????

Regards,
Al
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Have you enabled the option "append map file to binary"? If not, please do. This will make sure that every information madExcept needs gets linked into your exe file. If you don't check that option the information is stored in the "yourProject.mad" file. In that case you need to ship that file with your exe.
altheeldr

Post by altheeldr »

OK, but how does it work when I've blown the map file out of the water on the build PC???? (And have not appended map file to binary)
nildo

Post by nildo »

Because the Map file is automatically generated by Delphi when you compile your program. And when your program is at a costumer computer, the Map file is not there. Understand?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

If you've removed the map file, the mad file is still there. It also contains the same information, but compressed and encrypted. Delete that, too, and you'll get a poor stack trace on your development PC, too.