ME and smtp gmail

delphi package - automated exception handling
piotrx151

ME and smtp gmail

Post by piotrx151 »

Hi,

I have configured send settings like below, but I have some error with the user. The username and password is correct. How can I find out what is wrong?
MEgmail.png
MEgmail.png (73.03 KiB) Viewed 6668 times
madshi
Site Admin

Re: ME and smtp gmail

Post by madshi »

There's a "madTestMailAPIs.dpr" project, but I haven't updated it for more than 10 years, so I'm not sure if it's still useful to use. Probably not.

You could copy madExcept.pas and mad.inc into your project folder and then set breakpoints in madExcept.pas to figure out what's going on.

Alternatively, you could use RegisterExceptActionHandler() to be notified about when madExcept wants to send a bug report, and then replace it with your own bug report sending code, e.g. by using some 3rd party solution like Indy or something.
slemmnord

Post by slemmnord »

Sorry to butt in but this posting made me think that perhaps you Mathias, would want to provide a bug forwarding (http API to e-mail) or perhaps even a bug tracker service to ME subscribers.
It is no longer something that i personally require as i host my own Mantis server. However this is troublesome to set up and maintain for people with small business/project/staff.
Due to spammers, sending reports via e-mail directly is very unreliable these days. Seems to me, from postings in this forum, that receiving reports from customers/users is an issue for many developers.
Just a thought to consider for you ;)
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Of course I could offer such a service. However, there are situations where an application might crash in an endless loop and might then flood those services. Also, I'm not sure if my webserver is suited to handle the traffic/workload to cover all madExcept applications world-wide. So it's not overly attractive for me to dive into this, to be honest...

I don't think setting up a simple forwarder on your own server is too difficult a job for a good developer.