What Delphi versions are supported?

delphi package - automated exception handling
timg11

What Delphi versions are supported?

Post by timg11 »

I have an ancient Delphi 7 program that after many years of proper operation has started to generate sporadic but regular I/O Error 103.
It runs in an environment where using the debugger is not possible.
I searched around for a tool to provide details on where exceptions occur, and found madExcept.
It looks great, but I can't tell if it will work for Delphi 7. Since it madExcept has an .exe installer, I can't look at the files. Since I read that it patches binaries, I want to get some confirmation.
slemmnord

Re: What Delphi versions are supported?

Post by slemmnord »

Delphi 7 is fully supported and ME works great with it!
iconic
Site Admin

Post by iconic »

Delphi 7 was added to madExcept at the end of 2002 (not long after D7 was released), it works fine for Delphi 7 last I checked. Delphi 7 is also only 32-bit so eventually you may want to upgrade your IDE/Compiler. As far as your error and file access, ensure that the file actually exists before access and closure of the file handle resource. That's typically what would generate an I/O 103 error in the VCL. You could also simply use the raw Windows API and not worry about any exceptions thrown in most cases, you just need to inspect each return/call properly. Good luck!

--Iconic
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

madExcept actually still even supports Delphi 4. Personally, I'm still using Delphi 7 for 32bit only projects.