Email sending method priority

delphi package - automated exception handling
obones

Email sending method priority

Post by obones »

Hello,

We have configured our madExcept settings to show the "Send bug report" button with the following options

SMTP server
MAPI
mailto

However, as more and more STMP servers only accept connections with valid credentials, SPF and overly complicated things, we often encounter a situation where the SMTP server accepts the email but silently drops it.
Would there thus be a way to set the order in which sending is tried so that SMTP server is only used as a last resort, not as the first option?

I had a look in the current source and could not find any obvious way to do that. Am I right to assume that for now I should disable the SMTP option altogether?

Regards
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Email sending method priority

Post by madshi »

My recommendation would be to switch to HTTP upload instead, which usually is the most reliable bug report sending method. It does require you to put a proper PHP script on your webserver, though.
obones

Re: Email sending method priority

Post by obones »

Thanks, but that means hardening and monitoring a web server for this usage. This also means that the support team would have to change its habits which is always a complicated thing.
So I believe that for now I'll turn off the SMTP option