Delphi 11.2 crash when installing madExcept_.bpl

delphi package - automated exception handling
rob@inmotio.eu

Delphi 11.2 crash when installing madExcept_.bpl

Post by rob@inmotio.eu »

I had installed first the official installation 2.8.11.0 then I could normally open Delphi, then I saw this version did'nt work in Delphi version 11.2
so I found you unofficial released version 2.8.11.5.
Then when I installed that Delohi was no longer starting. On loading madExcept it just closed.
From the registry I removed the "known package" and I tried to install manually
I could install madBasic, madDisAsm, but then when installing madExcept (which I could build) delphi closes inmidiatly.

I tried to reinstall the 2.8.11.0 version, but with the same result. So I think it has some thing to do with the load order of packages, but I can't change those.

I had installed GExpert, so I alread deinstalled that to prevent conflicts.

Any suggestion is welcome
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Delphi 11.2 crash when installing madExcept_.bpl

Post by madshi »

You should not need to build any of the packages yourself. In theory the installer should take care of everything. Have you tried removing all your manually built packages and then simply loading the packages from "madCollectionInstallationRoute\madExcept\BDS22\win32"? The installer should do this automatically for you. However, if you tries to manually do stuff first, things might be messed up to some extent now.

One way to cleanup all the manual changes you did to make madExcept work is this:

1) Uninstall madCollection.
2) Remove any remaining extracted and compiled mad*.* files.
3) Search the HKCU and HKLM Delphi branches for mad*.* and remove everything that belongs to madCollection.
4) Start Delphi to check that it starts up fine without any complaints and without any traces of madCollection left.
5) Stop Delphi and install madCollection.

This should usually work - unless there's an NTFS access rights problem.
rob@inmotio.eu

Post by rob@inmotio.eu »

Hi I have followed you cleanup.
still delphi is closing/crashing when loading the madExcept_.bpl
In the Delphi splash screen I see "Loading package madExcept_.bpl" for a while (1 sec or so) then it is completelly closed.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

That is very weird, it works for me. Do you have any 3rd party packages installed?
rob@inmotio.eu

Post by rob@inmotio.eu »

only removing madExcept_.bpl from the "known packages" in the registry will start up Delphi and disables madExceptVCL_ and madExceptWizard_.bpl
rob@inmotio.eu

Post by rob@inmotio.eu »

I have Installed, TeeChart, DevExpress, Jedi Code Library, JEDI Visual Code Library, GLScene.
I also had GExperts, but I also tested it with that one uninstalled sill the same error.

Normally madExecpt is the first thing I install, so it woul dbe loaded as first package, now I uninstalled it and reinstalled it I could not load delphi anymore.

I will try deinstalling JEDI CL en JEDI VCL, those seems te me the candidates which mess up
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Hopefully you can figure it out, I'm not sure what it could be. FWIW, please do not load the madExceptIde_.bpl package into the IDE. That seems to cause problems with newer IDE versions. The installer doesn't install this package, anymore.
rob@inmotio.eu

Post by rob@inmotio.eu »

I can't solve the problem, so as a work around I setup the post-build events of the projects.
D:\Projects\ThirdParty\madCollection\madExcept\Tools\madExceptPatch.exe "$(OUTPUTDIR)$(OUTPUTFILENAME)" "$(INPUTDIR)$(OUTPUTNAME).mes" "$(OUTPUTDIR)$(OUTPUTNAME).map"
I can't use the duouble click in the mbr-files, but for now I can continue to work.
When I have time I think I need to reinstall Delphi completly and use the normal install order (as it initial worked before I uninstalled the previous version).
I think it has something to do with the load order, because the current component set I use already for many years.

madExceptIde_.bpl is not part of the "known packages".
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I can imagine that it's annoying for you to have these problems. So far I got no similar reports from other users. Whatever that means...
anouri

Post by anouri »

Delphi 11.3 does not come up after installing madcollection 5.1.4. It closes when loading bpl.
anouri

Post by anouri »

After installing madcollection 3.1.4 on Delphi 12.
Same problem occurred. delphi closes.
I don't find solution.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

When loading which BPL exactly?

Is it a "naked" Delphi 12 installation, with no other 3rd party packages installed yet? Or do you have other 3rd party packages installed? I'm wondering if it might be some sort of incompatability with other 3rd party packages?

Also, could you please verify the NTFS access rights for the madCollection root folder? You will need at least read & execute rights for the user the IDE is running under. Maybe just give read & execute rights to the madCollection folder for "Everyone"?
perceptron

Post by perceptron »

It doesn't help. I have granted ALL rights and D12 continues to crash after installing MadExcept