madExcept Settings not on project menu

delphi package - automated exception handling
airways

madExcept Settings not on project menu

Post by airways »

Hi,

I am trying to use madExcept with Delphi 11 and the madExcept Settings menu item is not visible on the project menu. I completely removed and reinstalled Delphi and madExcept (using the installer you provide) and it still isn't appearing.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: madExcept Settings not on project menu

Post by madshi »

DId you use the latest installer and install madExcept v5? Is there a BDS22 subfolder in your madCollection\madExcept folder?
DelCha

Post by DelCha »

Hello,

I have the same problem. I downloaded the latest version from the website (this link (http://madshi.net/madCollection.exe) to be very specific). I tried to install it several times, even running the .exe file as admin, but nothing shows up on the project menu. I work with Delphi 10.3.

Thank you for your help.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Did you install madExcept v5? Is there a BDS21 subfolder in your madCollection\madExcept folder?
DelCha

Post by DelCha »

Hello, thanks for your quick response.

I forgot to mention that I work in company that bought a company edition licence for MadExcept 4 (back in 2015). I do have a subfolder named BDS19. All my coworkers use MadExcept with Delphi 10.3 and as far as I know had no issue installing it.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

IIRC, madExcept 4 does not support Delphi 10.3, you need madExcept 5 for that. Maybe your co-workers are using madExcept 5? Maybe they have a newer key from me? Might make sense to double check in your company that you have the latest madExcept key.