I get both default Delphi Exception Notification and MadExcept Notification/Dialog when running from IDE

delphi package - automated exception handling
PeaShooter_OMO

I get both default Delphi Exception Notification and MadExcept Notification/Dialog when running from IDE

Post by PeaShooter_OMO »

Good day

I had an existing project before I installed MadExcept. I then enabled MadExcept for that project and I would successfully popup only the MadExcept Exception Dialog upon an exception when running from the IDE. Just the way I like it. :D

I then created a new project in Delphi and only added

Code: Select all

StrtoInt('f')
and then enabled MadExcept but this time I would get both the default Delphi Debugger Notification and then after that the MadExcept Exception Dialog. This happens for any new project I try this on.

I would like to only get the MadExcept dialog on any project I create. I have compared the settings (.mes file) of both the original and test project and they are the same. I scoured the project settings but to no avail. I downloaded the latest MadExcept and installed that. And still no success.

I use Delphi 2010 on Windows 10.

I assume I am missing something quite simple.

Thank you.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: I get both default Delphi Exception Notification and MadExcept Notification/Dialog when running from IDE

Post by madshi »

The IDE debugger always "sees" any exception first. The madExcept exception handling only becomes visible if the debugger lets the exception through (basically what happens if you press "continue" in the debugger exception box). If you don't want the debugger to break on exceptions at all, anymore, then you can configure that somewhere in the IDE compiler settings. I don't recall where that setting is right now, though. It might be different in each Delphi version.
PeaShooter_OMO

Re: I get both default Delphi Exception Notification and MadExcept Notification/Dialog when running from IDE

Post by PeaShooter_OMO »

Upon disabling
Notify on language exceptions
I successfully only get the MadExcept dialog and I am satisfied with that but it is quite strange that when it is enabled only the pre-existing project does that. I cannot find a per-project setting that might affect it.