Delphi 11 - Alexandria

delphi package - automated exception handling
jsantmann@gmail.com

Re: Delphi 11 - Alexandria

Post by jsantmann@gmail.com »

Any update on when we might see a non-beta/official release version of MadExcept for Delphi 11?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Probably early or mid next week.
jsantmann@gmail.com

Post by jsantmann@gmail.com »

Great.
Thanks.
maggigisla

Post by maggigisla »

Any news on the Delphi 11 version ?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

My apologies, I'm busy with another project that I'd like to complete first. It's taking longer than expected, but it should be "really soon now".
Borni

Post by Borni »

Whtat's happend? We are waiting !!!!
anders

Post by anders »

Mathias,

Even if you have nothing new to report, for whatever reason, you can at least post that fact - regularly. Lack of communication is a sure way to lose your customers.
iconic
Site Admin

Post by iconic »

Madshi is working on this I assure you, please don't think otherwise. madExcept, madCodeHook and his newer project are very large projects. In this case supporting new Delphi versions where things can and have changed takes a bit of time to support correctly. We appreciate your patience, truly 110% guys.

--Iconic
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Official build finally available here:

http://madshi.net/madCollection.exe (madExcept 5.1.2, madCollection 2.8.11.0)

I'm sorry it took so long. Since madExcept and madCodeHook are in the same installer, I had to delay madExcept because I was still working on fixing some madCodeHook issues.
AIvlev

Post by AIvlev »

I downloaded and installed the current version from the link above. Now when Delphi 11 starts, it shows the following error message:

"Access violation at address 5A0393CD in module 'madExceptWizard_.bpl'. Read of address 00000000."
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Strange stuff. So far nobody else seems to have this problem. Can you please try the following, just to make sure no old/outdated madCollection packages are used:

1) Uninstall madCollection.
2) Start Delphi 11 and check the list of IDE packages. Is there any mad* package still loaded? If so, remove it. Might also make sense to double check the library paths etc to make sure there are no paths pointing to any mad* folders now.
3) Reinstall madCollection.

Does that help?
AIvlev

Post by AIvlev »

Thanks, I managed to fix it. Uninstalled madCollection, removed the packages from Delphi, closed Delphi, installed madCollection - and now it works.

FYI I have Delphi 10.2, 10.4 and 11.0 all installed on this machine. I think 11.0 imported the package list from 10.4 and that was the cause of the issue.

I guess the installer did not anticipate the case of a wrong version BPL already being on the package list, so it did not replace it with the correct one until I manually removed it and re-installed.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Glad to hear you got it working. Yeah, I've seen it reported before that the Delphi 11 installer copied BPLs from Delphi 10.4. I'm not sure why they're doing that. Maybe the files are supposed to be binary compatible? But clearly they are not. The madCollection installer treats each Delphi version separately, and doesn't check for paths from other Delphi versions. That was never necessary before. I guess I could add that to my installer, but it would be quite a big change because currently, the installer strictly only removes what it has added before. So I'd have to change the whole installer logic to also support removing stuff the installer never added.
oickler

Post by oickler »

Is there any hope that madExcept's IDE will catch exceptions again in the future?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Well, I don't think the problems are madExcept's fault. It has worked for all previous IDE versions without any problems (except for one user reporting problems, IIRC). So there's hope that maybe a future Delphi 11 build may fix the underlying problem, or maybe Delphi 12. We'll have to wait and see. You can at any point activate IDE exception catching and see if it works for you.