Feature request - Show VM ussage

delphi package - automated exception handling
cubic

Feature request - Show VM ussage

Post by cubic »

I got a bug report saying "Out of memory" but the larges free available block was HUGE.
After discussing with the user I got this:

"The error occurred when the virtual memory usage of a videogame I was playing reached 100%, even if the physical memory load was about 65%."

It would be nice if madshi madexcept would include into the report details about VM.
Even better, madhi could color in report, in red, fields that could indicate a problem, for example:

free ram too low
VM too low
stopped services that normally should be running
antivirus name
invalid PC data/time
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - Show VM ussage

Post by madshi »

I can't really say anything if I don't see the bug report you're talking about... :wink:
cubic

Post by cubic »

No. I am not saying this is a bug in madexcept .
It was problem in user's computer.
So, I am requesting a feature in madexcept to help us, developers, to identify such problems (in users computer).

"It would be nice if madshi madexcept would include into the report details about VM"
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Your request to report "details about VM" is not very specific. I don't really know what you mean exactly. The "largest free block" already classifies as "details about VM", so I'm not sure what else you mean. That's why I asked about the bug report, because it might allow me to see a bit more about the problematic situation.

In any case, if you want to have additional information included in the bug report, it's *extremely* easy for you to add any information yourself. See the bottom of this page:

http://help.madshi.net/HowToUseMadExcept.htm

This shows you how to remove a line from the madExcept bug report header. In the exact same way you can also add lines to the bug report header.