Capture Unigui DLL errors ?

delphi package - automated exception handling
luciano_f

Capture Unigui DLL errors ?

Post by luciano_f »

Hello, how are you.

I plan to buy MadExcept.

Some time ago I asked you about the fact that MadExcept dialogs have small fonts for Full HD and 4K monitors, did you do anything about it?

Now something more important than that, I should be buying Unigui next month and I would very much like to use MadExcept with Unigui to catch the Unigui ISAPI.DLL errors is this possible?

How should I configure MadExcept to work with Unigui ?

Thankful.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Capture Unigui DLL errors ?

Post by madshi »

Hey there,

the latest madExcept has a tweak for Windows 10 to display dialogs with bigger fonts, if the OS DPI setting is higher. However, it's using a simple API trick which doesn't look very good, so although the fonts are bigger, they're looking quite pixelated/jaggy. I do plan to work on that pretty soon, but I'm currently extremely busy, so I can't give you a specific ETA for that.

I've never worked with Unigui yet, so I'm not sure about that topic. Maybe you can simply give it a try using the non-commercial madExcept build for evaluation (which is fine with me)?
luciano_f

Post by luciano_f »

but the question is is MadExcpet able to catch DLL errors?

Do you have an article explaining this?
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

It depends on whether the EXE is compiled with madExcept or not. If yes, the DLL doesn't even have to do much on its own. If the EXE is not compiled with madExcept, then the DLL has to do extra work to catch its own exceptions. But it's still generally possible. See also the start of this page:

http://help.madshi.net/HowToUseMadExcept.htm
luciano_f

Post by luciano_f »

ok i will perform some tests and post the results here.