'Dbl click to locate line' doesn't work with external units

delphi package - automated exception handling
edwinyzh

'Dbl click to locate line' doesn't work with external units

Post by edwinyzh »

Hello,

With earlier versions of the madException exception dialog, when you double clicking on a call stack line, it'll always go the the source line in the IDE's code editor.

But I don't remember since when this function works source files of the current project only, for those only referenced in the 'uses' clause, it doesn't work. It used to work.

Any settings might causing this issue? If not, is it a bug? Thanks.
madshi
Site Admin

Re: 'Dbl click to locate line' doesn't work with external un

Post by madshi »

I've not changed any code in this area for many years. So it seems unlikely to me that this would be a bug.

Are we talking RTL/VCL units? If so, maybe compiling with "debug DCUs" might help?
edwinyzh

Post by edwinyzh »

madshi wrote:I've not changed any code in this area for many years. So it seems unlikely to me that this would be a bug.

Are we talking RTL/VCL units? If so, maybe compiling with "debug DCUs" might help?
Hi madshi, I already have the 'use debug dcus' project options enabled, so it seems to be unrelated.

We are talking external units the compiler can find via 'Library Path' but not those were added to the project using the 'add file to project' command, no matter it's RTL or 3rd party units.

I tried just now, I added the unit to the project using 'Add file to project', the 'double click to locate the source line in the IDE' function works now with that unit.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

It's been years since I looked into this, but I believe I'm just asking the IDE via an official IDE API to open a specific PAS file, and it either works or doesn't. I don't think there's much I can do to make it succeed or fail. Opening the PAS file is mainly the IDE's duty.