I CAN'T INSTALL MAD EXCEPT

delphi package - automated exception handling
JohnWalker

I CAN'T INSTALL MAD EXCEPT

Post by JohnWalker »

I struggle trying to work out error exceptions from Delphi. Delphi is useless at this important function.
madExcept seems like the perfect tool. BUT BUT BUT8

1 year ago, I spent a day trying to install madExcept. To no avail.
3 months ago, I spent another day trying to install madExcept. To no avail.
Today, 4 hours so far, again to no avail.
I download a 73,540 MB installer file called "madCollection.exe. It allways runs OK, and shows me the madExcept logo, and then 'madBasic', 'madKernel', 'madSecurity', and 'madShell' that are highlighted in black. I assume this means that they are pre-selected.

There is no other choice but to select the 'Install' button, so it is simple enough.When I do click 'Install'
I get window 'installation' saying 'uncompressing selected components', the progress bar goes quickly 60 percent across its length. The message changes to 'install new components'', and the progress bar stops moving, both at the same time. Then 'Error' window opens up with >> The directory ' ' ' ' could not be created, Error message: "Acess is denied. " Choices are buttons with 'Try again' and 'Abort'

I have tried all the other titles, one at a time, or in paired combinations. Dozens of times. I cannot get passed this. So what is going wrong? I have tried v4 and v5 I have tried it on 2 computers, with Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 10. I have tried it on both machines running RAD Studio XE6, and also deleted Delphi, cleaned out the Registry religiously. and tried again on a theoretically clean machine. NOTHING seems to work. (Maybe that is why Madshi's sales have gone down, cause nobody can install it anymore LOL)

I need madExcept badly, and am happy to trial it, and then happy to pay for it.
But I need to have it installed first.
Please people, I need help with this. My email is john.walk209@gmail.com. I can send screen shots to you if that is helpful anywhere.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Signed, John
madshi
Site Admin

Re: I CAN'T INSTALL MAD EXCEPT

Post by madshi »

Weird, nobody else seems to have this problem.

Anyway, I'd suggest that you delete "HKLM\Software\madshi" and/or "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\madshi". Afterwards try running the installer once more. Make sure madExcept is selected (black). The installer should ask for an installation path. Make sure you choose one where only the last folder doesn't exist yet (or it may already exist, that's ok, as well). Also, might make sense to double check if that path has suitable NTFS attributes.
e.jilkova

Post by e.jilkova »

I have the same problem, I was able to install madexcept on my previous notebook correctly.
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

Can you describe in detail which problem you have exactly? "The same" may not really be exactly the same.
iconic
Site Admin

Post by iconic »

As Madshi said, this is certainly news to us. I've not read about many (if any) issues with the installer on the board. I'd strongly suggest to do what Madshi has recommended
in his last post and also if you're running any security software to temporarily disable it or allow the installer in the security product's whitelist before proceeding with the
install. The more information that you can provide us the better we can assist you

--Iconic
mzwollo

Post by mzwollo »

I had the same problem, but solved it.
Go to the Delphi IDE > Component > Install packages > check all the mad* 's.