Mantis report private

delphi package - automated exception handling
slemmnord

Mantis report private

Post by slemmnord »

Hi!

Please add option to mark bugreport in Mantis as private.

Bugreports can contain sensitive information about the customer. Screenshot for example.

Currently there is alternative to set the project where reports go initially as private. However changing already submitted bugreports project is quite cumbersome in Mantis.

Also i see lots of "Mantis" in recent forum topic names. Looks like it is becoming more popular with ME users. No doubt because e-mail is pretty much ruined by spammers, scammers and malware.

Thank yoo!
madshi
Site Admin

Re: Mantis report private

Post by madshi »

You're the first user asking for an option to mark a bug report as "private". Usually I require multiple users to request a feature, before I implement it. Otherwise I would add a lot of features for one user each, only. There's also the problem that the current settings dialog GUI doesn't really have room for an additional checkbox, so I'd have to redesign the whole dialog, maybe increase the whole size of the settings dialog (ouch).

Isn't it a better approach to setup a private project, anyway?
slemmnord

Post by slemmnord »

A global or IMEException variable would be quite enough for me :) but of course a checkbox in project settings would be even better.

The downside with private project is that it takes one for each project that has reports automatically submitted. Soon there will be double of everything. It will become a mess to manage.

Of course, i'm not insisting you add it right away only because i want it.

I'm thinking because Mantis is becoming more popular and you will probably have to rewrite Mantis client from SOAP to REST some time anyway then sneaking in this option also should not be difficult :P
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I'll keep it in mind for when I change the Mantis API.