madExcept Support for Linux servers

delphi package - automated exception handling
x3mike

madExcept Support for Linux servers

Post by x3mike »

Hello,

are there actual plans to support linux servers with madExcept? Maybe a "smaller" version with just stack tracing? Or is it possible to extract the stack tracing by my own?
This would be really great.

Yesterday I had to find a small bug causing an exception and had to place lots of "debug-file-writes" to find where the exception occured.

Best regards,
Michael
madshi
Site Admin

Re: madExcept Support for Linux servers

Post by madshi »

It's not planned atm, but plans can change. You're actually the first user asking for this, though. So I wonder how much demand there really is...
kernelhacker

Post by kernelhacker »

Hi Mathias,

I've seen a few posts here, asking for Mac or Linux versions and I'm pretty sure that this would help a lot of us. Like me, quite a few developers are writing Linux microservices (running in docker containers) with Delphi. Unfortunately neither madExcept nor EurekaLog support Linux - but especially there, in a remote, non-GUI environment, automatic generation of substantial bug-reports is essential.

So, I'd vote for Linux support for madExcept - it would really make my day!

Best,

Stefan
madshi
Site Admin

Post by madshi »

I wish it were easy. But for me the problem is that I've zero Linux knowledge/experience, and madExcept goes very deep into the depths of the RTL and partially even OS. So porting madExcept to Linux would be a lot of work, and that's after spending a big amount of time for me to learn Linux. So I'm not really eager to jump on this atm...